Re: live Debian on USB stick

On Wed, Aug 15, 2007 at 08:09:42AM -0500, Ron Johnson wrote:
From: Ron Johnson <ron.l.johnson@cox.net>
To: debian <debian-user@lists.debian.org>
Subject: Re: live Debian on USB stick

On 08/15/07 03:30, Gerard Robin wrote:
Hello,
I installed knoppix on my USB stick and it runs fine but it's too big
~ 600 Mb. There are too many packages.

Buy a bigger USB stick?  They're not that expensive.

Is there a Debian dist, not as big as knoppix, that I can put on my USB
stick ?

How big is your USB stick?
it's a 2 Gb, I have got enough space, but it's absurd to put on an USB
stick a lot of packages that I never use or which need a lot of ram like
openoffice.
I installed slax (~ 200 Mb) but the boot failed when it detect the PCMCIA card ?
knoppix is a very good job. (but too big :-))

--
Gérard