Re: No luck reconfiguring resolution options.

On Aug 14, 7:30 am, Johannes Wiedersich <johan...@physik.blm.tu-
muenchen.de> wrote:
> Try installing and using xserver-xorg-video-intel. It is only available
> for lenny/testing and sid, unfortunately [1]. (I didn't succeed in
> running i810 on etch with the displays wide display resolution.)

Taking your advice, I installed Debian 'lenny' instead of 'etch'. I
had a weird glitch during the install, because after a certain point
my screen went wonky and I only managed to get through it by hitting
enter whenever I thought I saw a prompt. Fortunately, the install
completed, the driver works, and I'm posting this message from my
laptop. I hope I didn't hurt any settings that I'll find myself
needing in the future, but I believe it was all just configuration
options at that point.

Many thanks for your help, Johannes and Kent. This may not be the last
of me, but I hope I'll be able to function on my own for a while.