Suggestions for diagramming software

Hey Guys,

I am Engineering student and I currently use latex and such to create my
reports. I just recently switched to Debian from Mac OS X. However, I was
looking for a good diagramming software for Linux. I heard of Xcircuit but I was
looking for something with a little less learning curve.

Other than xcircuit, any other diagramming software that you guys use/suggest.
It doesn't have to specifically be related to engineering and could simply be a
software that draws block diagrams and etc. Just like Visio or OmniGraffle on
the Mac.

Thanks,
Amit