Re: (solved) Re: how to (dis)allow some users from using wireless router?

On 8/13/07, Celejar <celejar@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, 13 Aug 2007 08:18:19 +1000

<Snipped>

> I don't quite follow you.  Can you explain in more detail?
>
> Celejar

Ok, Assuming your wireless router can use an open Linux distribution
or your wireless router connects directly to a linux firewall, you can
use the following tools to set up proper encryption and authentication
between each allowed client and the router.

I have never done this but know it's possible.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Point-to-Point_Protocol_over_Ethernet

Using pppoe the client computer makes a connection to the wireless
router, handshaking is done, The client is given an IP address for the
pppoe connection.

http://www.ssh.com/support/documentation/online/ssh/winhelp/32/Tunneling_Explained.html

The ssh tunnel provides proper authentication and protection for the
otherwise insecure and sniff able traffic that is broadcast
wirelessly. This step also ensures that a non trusted client cannot
transfer any data over your network.

As I say earlier, I have not done this, I cannot explain any further.
Good luck but this Is what I am looking to implement on my network.

Adrian

--
24x7x365 != 24x7x52 Stupid or bad maths?