Re: How to make phone call using modem in Linux

Thank you Roby,

I have install dtmfdial, but it seems my Debian doesn't have driver for modem. But I see that dtmfdial is very simple program, just a binary file, no config file. How does this know what device used to dial, where can I config modem device for it ?

Thang Kieu

On 8/10/07, Roby <ElectricalSciences@adelphia.net> wrote:
Kieu Minh Thang wrote:

> Hi everyone,
>
> I have used Linux on a computer with modem included. How to use this
> modem to make phone call. Is there a software like Phone Dialer on
> Windows?
>
> Regards,
>
> Thang Kieu

dtmfdial accepts a numeric string command line and sends it as dtmf
tones via the modem.  I use it with kaddressbook to dial out.