Re: switch from xserver-xorg-video-i810 to -intel and unsupported modes

Anton Piatek wrote:

Does anyone have any advice on what to try to get this card to do
1680x1050@60hz ?

Andrew summarized what he's done to make the driver honour his
modeline in another message. Check it out if you haven't seen it:

I am running lenny, and the intel driver is the same version there
as unstable, so I doubt moving to unstable will help me...

I had a problem with the driver too. Finally I used the latest driver
from freedesktop.org and that solved my problem. (I'm using debian
testing.)

To get the src and build the driver you need git and bunch of dev
packages.  The driver is newer than the one in testing, so it _might_
work for you too. I think it is worth trying if you are desperate
enough. Since it is installed under /usr/local it does not mess up
debian packages.