Re: Passwordless X login

On Thursday 09 August 2007 13:59:55 Dan H wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'd like to be able to login with just a mouseclick like possible in
> Windows. My wife and I are sharing a computer at home, and it's kind of
> silly to always have to type in a password (which is the same for both of
> us anyway). Is this possible with kdm, or do I have to switch window
> managers?
>
> Thanks,
> --D.

Yes, it is possible.

Kcontrol (Control Center) -> System Administration -> Login Manager.  Click on
Convienience and click the Enable Auto Login button.  It's not the most
secure thing in the world, but it is exactly what you want.

Note, that you need to activate Administrator Mode in order to check the box.

Joe