Re: replacement for apt-listchanges?

On 2007-08-06 20:05:44 -0400, Douglas Allan Tutty wrote:
> Can you describe the breakage?  I've found that packages that rely on
> python for a GUI break (GUI freezes), I've always blamed it on the GUI.
> Base python itself I've never had break.

Here are some of them I've recorded:

In May (this one was under Mac OS X), the python upgrade
(2.4.3 -> 2.4.4) broken Mercurial:
ImportError: No module named _locale

In April, the upgrade of python2.4-minimal failed during configuration
(and apt-get install -f didn't solve the problem).

In June 2006, fail2ban dies with "unknown locale" error (the
problem occurred with python2.3 and later versions, but not
with python2.2). The fix was the following:

0.7. branch of fail2ban within testing/unstable has substantially
different handling of dates, and doesn't rely on python's locale
anymore which remains to be prone to this bug (see #369689 reassigned
from fail2ban long ago).

In February 2006, messages forwarded by Forte Agent got corrupted
by getmail. The bug has never been identified (the author of getmail
couldn't reproduce it with my testcase), but it is thought to come
from some python version.