New hard drive problem

i've a computer with debian etch. i've recently added a new sata hard drive
and enter the harddrive in /etc/fstab. It was working fine. Suddenly
today Debian etch is not booting properly. I'm getting
the following errors:

Begin:Mounting root file system ...
Begin:Running /scripts/local-top ...
Done.
Begin:Running /scripts/local-premount ...
Done.
mount:Mounting /dev/sda1 on /root failed:No such Device

Begin:Running /scripts/local-bottom...
Done.
Begin:Running /scripts/init-bottom...
mount:Mounting /root/dev on /dev/.static/dev failed:No such file or directory
Done.
mount:Mounting /sys on /root/sys failed:No such file or directory

mount:Mounting /proc on /root/proc failed:No such file or directory
Target file system doesn't have /sbin/init

BusyBox v1.1.3(Debian 1:1.1.3-3)Built in Shell(ash)
Enter 'help' for a list of built in commands
/bin/sh:can't access tty;job control turned off
(initramfs)

 I've checked the cables it's fine. One more thing i like to mention. When i
disconnect the brand new hard drive no problem on booting. The problem
 is only when i add the new hard drive. Can anyone kindly help me find the
 problem? Thanks.