Re: Debian can't mount Camera Memory Stick

David Brodbeck wrote:

On Aug 6, 2007, at 2:00 PM, Mike McCarty wrote:

If by "powered hub" you mean "it has its own separate power
supply", then no. Otherwise, I don't know what you mean. It
draws power from the USB. The WD disc is powered through it.

Right, a powered hub has its own power supply. Some devices don't work right on un-powered ones. Also, plugging too many items into an un-powered hub can overload the USB port on the host, especially power-hungry devices like hard disks.

I tried this with no devices plugged in but the Dazzle, and it
didn't work. I'm pretty sure that just a memory stick isn't

Mike
You have found the bank of Larn.