Re: Debian can't mount Camera Memory Stick

On Aug 6, 2007, at 12:02 PM, Mike McCarty wrote:

Mike McCarty wrote:
My GF has a situation in which she cannot mount a camera memory
stick. Here's the setup...
CPU<--->HUB<--->Dazzle[<--Stick
The HUB is from Radio Shack. The Dazzle is a device used to
interface the memory stick with USB. The memory stick is
a Sandisk 128 MB memory stick for a camera. Using her laptop
and XP, with the same Dazzle and memory stick, it mounts
just fine. With her desktop and Debian, it fails to mount.
Also connected to the hub are a WD USB hard disc, and an HP printer,
both of which work fine with Debian.

Well, I tried plugging the Dazzle directly into another USB
port, and it mounts just fine. So, why can't the stick mount
through the hub? The "real" disc mounts fine.

Is it a powered hub? I've found some USB devices don't work very well on un-powered hubs.