Re: cups yet again

Douglas Allan Tutty wrote:
On Mon, Aug 06, 2007 at 05:02:07PM +0100, graham wrote:
Yet another cups problem (the one program which makes me feel like I do when running windows - like putting a foot through the computer).

So why run cups?  Use LPRng and Apsfilter or foomatic print filters.

Doug.

Cos what I'd understood from other threads was that this would mean swimming against the tide, since cups is now the default for both debian and gnome, and because I had understood that lprng was no longer supported. I'm really hoping to spend the minimum of time possible maintaining printers; they don't interest me much ;-)

Graham