Re: Syntax error in bitops.h:244

Adam Gray(adam@bandstand.org.uk) is reported to have said:
> Wayne Topa <linuxone@intergate.com> wrote:
> > ISTR that hotplug was removed, when udev was installed, because udev
> > now includes the hotplug feature.
> >
> > Yep, I guess it does....
> >
> > apt-cache show udev
> > udev is a daemon which dynamically creates and removes device nodes
> > from /dev/, handles hotplug events and loads drivers at boot time.
> >
> > Might that be your  problem?
> >
> > Wayne
>
> Ah, I remember now; my main problem with udev was that it rendered my
> USB mouse completely useless. I think that's why I went back to
> hotplug...!
>
> Any ideas on this syntax error thing though? I guess a version
> conflict between gcc (3.3.5) and whichever package provides
> asm/bitops.h?

Sorry.  I'm not sure I understand what you are trying to do so,
no, I have no clue other then you are running a really old version of
gcc.  All my boxen here have gcc 4.1.1.

Wayne

--
Rich companies buy Red Hat Linux and a costly service agreement.
Smart companies install Debian Linux and just enjoy it.