Re: Public PC

On 8/5/07, Dave Walker <carol.dave.walker@gmail.com> wrote:
> I hope to make the PC reasonably idiot proof (the box will be kept
> separate from the users) - the keyboard and display will be
> accessible. The goal is to keep users from inadvertently trashing the
> machine, but to provide usability.

Sabayon provides the ability to lock down GNOME and any GNOME app, in
addition to Firefox, and Openoffice.org. Also, you can restrict access
to certain features by setting some GConf keys. I believe GNOME has a
system administrator's guide which details exactly what is possible
and what their recommendations are.

--
Andrew Barr

We matter more than pounds and pence,