Re: Transitioning to 64bit, is it worth it, and how

On Saturday 04 Aug 2007, Ron Johnson wrote:
> On 08/04/07 03:25, Alan Chandler wrote:

> > b) Is there a simple transition path?
>
> Reinstall from scratch, and pray that your /home is on a seperate
> partition.

Well the only home that matters - ie mine is - this is essentially just
a personal machine.  I am using raid1 with LVM on top, so I can easily
create additional "partitions" and move things about as I wish.

My only slight reservation is I am not sure if the installer supports
raid, so it might be more complex than just installing. I also want to
take the opportunity to enlarge my /boot partition (also raid 1) as 32M
is just not enough these days - frequently seem to fill it up as I
upgrade kernels.

--
Alan Chandler
http://www.chandlerfamily.org.uk