Re: converting file system

On Fri, Aug 03, 2007 at 11:23:06PM +0530, Bhasker C V wrote:

>  Is there a method to convert an ext3 file system created with -T
> largefile4 to a normal ext3 file system with normal block sizes ?
> (without losing data).

I don't think that -t largefile changes the size of block sizes but
changes the number of blocks per inode (but I'm hazy on such details).
Looking at tune2fs, I don't see any related options.

So I doubt it.  How you proceed depends on what mount point we're
talking about.  Hopefully, its not /.  Anything else you can 'fix' by
doing a backup, going single-user, unmount the partition, remake the
filesystem, mount it, and restore the backup, then shutdown back to
multi-user.

Doug.