Re: Disabling Print Screen key

Dear Luís,

I lost the beginning of this thread. :-( So, I may not know what you're
talking about here.

On Jul 31 2007, Luis Finotti wrote:
> First, thanks for the reply!
> > Perhaps you inadvertently made Print a shortcut for ksnapshot. If so,
> > you should be able to disable it by going through the above sequence.
>
> No, I haven't...  As I stated in the beginning, I checked it to make
> sure.

This is really weird, but I'm using a plain window manager here in my
system (not using "a heavier" Desktop Environment, as the resources here
lack the horsepower). :-/

> Now, I am at work using Fedora Core 5, and again the PrtSc key is NOT
> set in KDE, but pressing starts KSnapshot (which I find quite funny).

Yes, I *think* that it would be problematic, especially regarding the
Magic Sysrq function of the kernel, which IMVHO, is essential as a
fallback to issues that may arise (especially when X stops responding).

> On the other hand, here I can make it work as BackSpace with "xmodmap
> -e "keysym Print = BackSpace"" (which did not work with Debian).  So,
> I assume it is a Debian-related problem...

Now, this is funny. I'm using similar things here (but in a different
architecture, powerpc), but again, without a DE (and, in particular,
KDE).

Regards, Rogério Brito.