Re: Debian Linux in Chroot

Masatran, R. Deepak wrote:
I have two Linux installations in my hard drive, and I want to modify
Linux-2 from Linux-1, using Chroot. Basically "dpkg-reconfigure" and similar
stuff. How do I tell DPKG of Linux-2 to not disturb the daemons that are
running in Linux-1?

Say you are booted into Linux1, and linux 2 is mounted at /linux2, you need to do this (assuming they are both recent distrobutions):

mount -t proc proc /linux2/proc
chroot /linux2

then inside the chroot, whatever you do should not disturb what's cooking in Linux-1

Remember to unmount proc from Linux-2 after leaving the chroot.