Re: mount windoze partition for user automatically

On 07/30/2007 11:09 PM, Phill Atwood wrote:
I've got a 40GB drive and the first 20GB contains Windoze XP.  I can
mount this manually fine.  I can mount it automatically too. But if I
try to access it as non-root I get:

$ cd /windoze
bash: cd: /windoze: Permission denied

Permissions on my /windoze directory are:

dr-x------   1 root root  8192 2007-07-29 17:49 windoze

If I umount /windoze and change the permissions they seem to revert back
to the above after I reboot. Accessing it as root works fine, but I
would like to access it as a regular user.  [...]

Read "man 8 mount"--especially the section relating to ntfs. You probably want to set the umask, uid and gid.