Re: lenny: getting non-free nvidia drivers issue

Douglas Allan Tutty wrote:
On Sun, Jul 29, 2007 at 06:19:47AM -0500, Hugo Vanwoerkom wrote:

Yes I'm running amd64.  However, since I'm on slow dialup and the amd64
box is the only one with a CD burner and lots of drive space, it would
be a major headache to have something happen that caused stuff to not
work.
But what could happen if you tried it on a duplicate partition? So it doesn't work. You go back to the working partition.

The box uses LVM so I can't give Lenny its own actual disk
partitions.  Also, downloading a whole new installation is non-trivial
at 28.8 Kb/s (sometimes 14.4, sometimes 9600).  I'm many miles from the
telephone exchange.  It took a few days to install an ia32 chroot with
just base, mc, lynx, and iceweasel.

True. I forgot: you stated before that you were using LVM. I am running on a dialup modem myself and the last Sid upgrade took 2.5 days.

Hugo