Re: A question of fonts

On Sat, 28 Jul 2007 22:28:13 +0100, andy wrote:

[...]

> I do have the latest msttcorefonts installed. It just looks crap with
> Xmms and sometimes Iceweasel seems difficult to read too. But
> certainly Xmms is the worst of the bunch.

This could also be a problem with your settings for font display rather
than with the fonts themselves. I do not use XMMS, so here is a
demonstration of the influence of font settings on iceweasel (PNG image,
55.6 KB):

http://users.icfo.es/Florian.Kulzer/fontconfig/iceweasel-font-comparison.png

Maybe you can post your font settings and we can have a look:

awk '/fontconfig/,/^$/' /var/cache/debconf/config.dat

xrdb -query | grep Xft

          Florian   |