Re: Need newer software that included with stable (that isn't at backports.org)

Tim Hull wrote:

> I know about that, but then you have to pull stuff like glibc etc from
> unstable...

Hi Tim,
Please don't cc. to my personal addresss. I subscribe to this NG. I probably
don't understand what you're trying to do. You would only have to "pull
stuff like glibc" from unstable if (a) you were pinning to unstable rather
than, say, testing and (b) if the package you were looking to pin had that
particular version of glibc as a dependency. I guess I don't understand
what you want. Sorry.
Jonathan