Re: searching for graphical torrent client

Giorgos D. Pallas wrote:
> I tried google but can't seem to find something that both looks decent
> *and* is available for debian (testing) as a binary. For example I tried
> qtorrent, but it is so minimal that I don't like it... Or to put it in
> another way: Which client resembles most the windows utorrent? (I also
> tried ktorrent for KDE and it crashes often...)

    uTorrent in WINE which has an annoying habit of locking up.

    ktorrent which, here at least, has run for weeks at a time no problem.

    Azureus which is a bloating pig because, for some reason, they though JAVA
was a viable platform to program anything.

    Working backwards, Azureus often takes up 300Mb of RAM and 100% of the CPU
all the time.  Compared to a GTK/Python with a similar feature set using maybe
30Mb and 10-40% of the CPU.  Compared to uTorrent in WINE taking up about 12Mb
and barely a blip on the CPU.  ktorrent is about as good as the defunct
GTK/Python app.