Re: Terminal clock (script)

* Hugo Vanwoerkom (25-07-2007):

> I replaced vcstime years ago with my own version that displays more
> information (minutes of battery left, free MB's, CPU temp, CPU %, VT#,
> dow, date, time) and is a daemon, all of which are changeable with a
> companion dialog piece, the 2 communicate over a port.

I think i've wrote first version of that script in mid-2002 :).

It's important to note, that it's a pure shell script with one only
dependency on color terminal emulator and stty, tty tools. That fancy
color and resizing i've added just to have less boring or broken output.

About writing daemons in shell. It's really upsetting, that key UNIX
tool -- shell have no such thing like direct select() functionality.
Nevertheless, writing event-driven things is possible using signals,
pipes, file IO -- basic OS things.
____