Re: Terminal clock (script)

Oleg Verych wrote:
In case somebody will find it useful, i want share it. A script that
shows updated time and some more info in terminal's status line. I've
found this fun, when i use my desktop system. It's just text mode
actually. I use X very rarely to read pdfs (that can't be pdftotext'ed)
or djview.

It's also useful in ssh session on my server, especially when some very
wired network problems appeared. I.e. connection after some inactivity
just hangs, while new are established and ping is working. Keeping ssh
session active with clock helped so far.

As for Debian. If anyone ever met `vcstime` (in "kbd" or
"console-tools"), may noticed how ugly it is and also doesn't work as
in Etch as in Sid (AFAIK). Thus, maybe such a replacement evaluated by
you, will a good addition to the bug report.

I replaced vcstime years ago with my own version that displays more information (minutes of battery left, free MB's, CPU temp, CPU %, VT#, dow, date, time) and is a daemon, all of which are changeable with a companion dialog piece, the 2 communicate over a port.

Hugo