Re: web page accessibility :: PDF and print versions -- solved

Russell L. Harris wrote:

Many thanks, Arctic and all.  This approach works well.  You have
saved me much time.

It turns out that HeVeA has added a
    <STYLE type="text/css">

section to the head of the HTML	document, so I inserted the lines

    @media print {
    body { font-size:2em; }
    }

just before the </STYLE> tag.

Experimenting, I found that "1em" produces a nearly-normal font, "2em"
produces a very large font, and that "1.5em" produces a font about the
size I think that most visually-impaired users shall find useful.

RLH

Russell, when writing rules for print media stylesheet using absolute font sizes are sometimes helpful. You can always use pt (points) as your units to get finer control on size.

Also, you can play a lot with the print stylesheet like changing the layout to fit the paper medium better, remove unwanted sections (make them invisible). Take a look at www.debian-administration.org and print out an article. It gives you quite a nice hard copy which is much different than how the page looks. Its just CSS2.0 in play.

regards,
/KS