Re: Aptitude question (related to markauto and unmarkauto)

On Sat, Jul 21, 2007 at 14:12:17 +0300, Joona Kiiski wrote:
> I've collected a list of packages (about 50-100 packages) which I want
> to be installed in my debian system.
>
> Is there a command by using which I could tell apptitude to unmarkauto
> all those packages and at the same time markauto all the rest
> installed packages.
>
> "aptitude markauto ~i && aptitude markauto $list"
> is something I'm looking for, but it has a "nice" side effect first
> removing everything and then putting everything back. Is there a way
> to combine those commands? (Tried to read man and docs, but didn't
> find answer)

Maybe something like this will work:

aptitude --schedule-only markauto ~i && aptitude --schedule-only unmarkauto $list && aptitude install

Or this:

aptitude -o Aptitude::Keep-Unused-Pattern="~i" markauto ~i && aptitude unmarkauto $list

Or this:

aptitude -o Aptitude::Delete-Unused=false markauto ~i && aptitude unmarkauto $list

(I did not actually try any of these myself; YMMV.)

          Florian   |