Re: Installing problems: Debian 4.0r0, on LiteON DVD-RW LH-20A1p

 You can try Ctrl-Alt+F2 to get to a shell
 There, dmesg might give you more information on
  what is happening during the mount ?
 You can even try a manual mount there to find out what is happening.

On Fri, 2007-07-20 at 23:42 -0400, Kevin C. Redden wrote:
> Folks: Tried to install Debian 4.0 r0 on my system, and didn't get very
> far. It booted fine, but then after I did this:
> language for installing: English
> country or region: Unitied States
> Keymap: American English
> then it tries to detect hardware
> Then says:
> your installation CD-ROM couldn't be mounted. This probably means that the
> CDROM was not in the drive. If so you can insert it and try again.
> If you say 'yes' it just gives a blue screen with a white bar on the bottom
> and sits there.
> No, gives you a menu, which then leads to the same thing.
> I can ctrl-alt-del out of it.
> The drive is a ATAPI CDROM
> LiteOn DVD LH-20A1p
> This disk works fine on a IBM T22 Thinkpad, and I'm using it there so the
> disk isn't bad. Just can't mount this disk, after it boots.
> Any solutions? Or would it be
> While I have your ear, I want to install this on an old PATA drive in the
> system and not on the SATA drives (This is purely experimental at the
> moment.) What would I look for when it comes time to accually install?
> Thanks!
Bhasker C V
Registered Linux user: #306349 (counter.li.org)
The box said "Requires Windows 95, NT, or better", so I installed Linux.