Re: Java icon problem (was: Eclipse minor annoyance)

On Fri, 20 Jul 2007 08:23:46 +1000
Alex Samad <alex@samad.com.au> wrote:

> On Thu, Jul 19, 2007 at 11:11:15PM +0200, andreas.ronnquist@gmail.com wrote:
> > Hi!
> >
> > I am a happy user of Eclipse on my Debian Etch-box - Though I have
> > noticed that the icons that are shown in the field to the left of the
> > actual code (folding, and breakpoints and the like) are shown wrong, if
> > they are shown at all. This is both in Cdt and in LunarEclipse, on an
> > Etch machine, Xfce Desktop and using the latest Eclipse downloaded from
> > the Eclipse website ontop of the Etch-packaged Sun Java.
> >
> > Anybody have a solve for this? This is only a visual annoyance, but an
> > annoyance it is... Is there perhaps some missing deb-package that would
> > solve this? Some Gtk-Java stuff perhaps?
> >
> > Help would be very appreciated.
> I use eclipse downloaded from the net,just expand it into
> /usr/local/lib/eclipse and it works fine. I found that the eclipse through
> debian was a bit too tied to gcj - couldn't get debuging working properly

Looks like it is a Java problem, and not an Eclipse-problem
specifically - I get similar behaviour from Azureus. There the
health-icons in the lists shows and hides depending on my mouse movement
- Other than this my Java is rock solid (I am only using Java in
Azureus and Eclipse that I can think of right now) , but I sure would
like some hint to solving this...

/Andreas