Re: undeleteable file (SOLVED)

On Wed, 18 Jul 2007 08:38:12 -0400
Frank McCormick <fmccormick@videotron.ca> wrote:

> On Wed, 18 Jul 2007 13:40:05 +1000
> Cameron Hutchison <lists@xdna.net> wrote:
>

> > What is the output of "lsattr" ? It could be that it has the
> > immutable bit set. To fix this, use chattr(1):
> >

>    Bingo.
>
> This is what lsattr said:
>
> frank@debian:/lost+found/#573699/drivers/i2c/busses$ lsattr
> --S--a-Ac-Z-Ej--T- ./i2c-nforce2.ko
>
> And this allowed me to remove it:
>
>  chattr -S -a -A -c  *
>

> Now to run another file system check.

    Something else maybe equally as strange . If I run a file system
check while the partition is mounted but using the -n argument so no
changes will be made (the disk is mounted) I get all sorts of errors
being reported.  But if I bootup sysrescuecd, and run the same check,
both partitions get a clean bill of health. The only difference is the
kernel...2.6.21 , but 2.6.20 under sysrescuecd.
Is it possible the latest Kernel has some file system bugs?

Cheers

--
    Change the world one loan at a time - visit Kiva.org to find out how