RE: help with "apt-get purge"

If you want to see what is being removed then use apt-get remove --purge somepackage -s
The '-s' will simulate the operation and if everything is the way you like simply press the up arrow and backspace over
the '-s' to get the live command, press enter and enjoy.

Tony Heal
Pace Systems Group, Inc.
800-624-5999
theal@pace2020.com