Re: dir command

On 07/15/07 09:50, Manon Metten wrote:
Hi,

Is there a bash command available that shows the contents of the given dir
recursively, telling me how many files are in there and the byte size
occupied?

On my old Amiga I have Sizer. It does something like this:

:> Sizer FOX:1960

sizing quietly...

FOX:1960...

Total number of files                              191
Total number of directories                      27
Total number of bytes in files   1050447114
Total number of blocks used          2051969

Total occupied:                         1050608128

Is there a command for Debian that does something similar?
I'm especially interested in the number of files.

I know du, but that doesn't tell me how many files/dirs there are inside a
given path.

This is what I wrote to solve a similar problem:

http://members.cox.net/ron.l.johnson/pydir

--
Ron Johnson, Jr.
Jefferson LA  USA