Re: GIMP and gimp-print/gutenprint problem

Mark Copper <mcopper@titaninterface.com> writes:

> When I updated an old testing to new stable I lost the ability to print
> from GIMP.  I no longer get a "print" option in the file menu of GIMP.
>
> I now have both packages gimp (2.2.13-1) and gimp-print (5.0.0-3)
> installed.

That should be fine.

> Can anyone make repair or diagnostice suggestions?

hardknott% dpkg -L gimp-print
[...]
/usr/lib/gimp/2.0/plug-ins/print
package diverts others to: /usr/lib/gimp/2.0/print.orig

Check you also get /usr/lib/gimp/2.0/plug-ins/print in the list.  The
diversion may or may not exist.

The print option has moved in the menu; it's now between Mail Image
and Close, which is IMO more logical than under Quit where it was
previously.  Also, check the Plug-in Browser for the Print plug-in.
And, check ~/.gimp-2.2/plug-ins/ for the presence of an alternative
print plug-in.

Regards,
Roger

--