Re: GIMP and gimp-print/gutenprint problem

On Sun, Jul 15, 2007 at 12:09:21PM +0100, Roger Leigh wrote:
> Mark Copper <mcopper@titaninterface.com> writes:
>
> > When I updated an old testing to new stable I lost the ability to print
> > from GIMP.  I no longer get a "print" option in the file menu of GIMP.
> >
> > I now have both packages gimp (2.2.13-1) and gimp-print (5.0.0-3)
> > installed.
>
> That should be fine.
>
> > Can anyone make repair or diagnostice suggestions?
>
> hardknott% dpkg -L gimp-print
> [...]
> /usr/lib/gimp/2.0/plug-ins/print
> package diverts others to: /usr/lib/gimp/2.0/print.orig
>
> Check you also get /usr/lib/gimp/2.0/plug-ins/print in the list.  The
> diversion may or may not exist.
>
> The print option has moved in the menu; it's now between Mail Image
> and Close, which is IMO more logical than under Quit where it was
> previously.  Also, check the Plug-in Browser for the Print plug-in.
> And, check ~/.gimp-2.2/plug-ins/ for the presence of an alternative
> print plug-in.
>

> Regards,
> Roger

Oh, my...  There is the "print" option in the file menu, but last on my
menu beneath even "quit".  Hidden in plain site.  But I was probably
doomed from the minute the keyboard shortcut "Alt-F, p" didn't work.

Thanks for responding to this embarrassingly silly question.

Mark