Re: MSI PC60G wireless adaptor problem

>Is the "windows connection" from the same computer, using the same
>wireless card? (I want to rule out the possibility that the AP uses
>mac-based filtering to block you.)

>Are you sure that Windows manages to connect to cell 01? In any case, I
>would try to associate with the AP of cell 04:

>iwconfig ra0 ap 00:05:9E:84:05:67

>Then run "iwconfig ra0" again and post the output. (It is very difficult
>to do a remote diagnosis without the full output of the configuration
>command.)

A>nother thing: Which version of the dhcp-client do you have installed?
>Please post the output of

>dpkg -l dhcp\* | awk '/^[^D|+]/{print $1,$2,$3}'

Yes debian and windows are installed on the same PC using the same wireless card(PC60g).
As for the MAC-filtering problem it's out of the question,because the AP doesn't use it.:)
As for the cell01(channel6) it's exactly the one from wich i connect on windows because it has
greater signal,but there are others(i think 2)also the same listed by "iwlist ra0 scan" command.
Afer doing "iwconfig ra0 ap 00:05:9E:84:05:67" ,"iwconfig ra0" shows this :
------------------>
ra0       RT61 Wireless  ESSID:""
          Mode:Auto  Frequency:2.412 GHz  Bit Rate=54 Mb/s
          RTS thr:off   Fragment thr:off
          Encryption key:off
          Link Quality=0/100  Signal level:-121 dBm  Noise level:-111 dBm
------------------>
But i'm sure you wanted to mention this mac(00:05:9E:84:89:ED) because this is the one wich showes some bit rates.
Doing the same thing shows up:
------------------>
ra0       RT61 Wireless  ESSID:""
          Mode:Auto  Frequency:2.412 GHz  Bit Rate=54 Mb/s
          RTS thr:off   Fragment thr:off
          Encryption key:off
          Link Quality=0/100  Signal level:-121 dBm  Noise level:-111 dBm

------------------>
To my opinion is not too much!

And here's th output of :

----------------->
ii dhcp 2.0pl5-19.5
un dhcp-beta <none>
rc dhcp-client 2.0pl5-19.5
un dhcp-client-beta <none>
rc dhcp-relay 2.0pl5-19.5
un dhcp-relay-beta <none>
ii dhcp3-client 3.0.4-13
ii dhcp3-common 3.0.4-13
ii dhcp3-dev 3.0.4-13
un dhcp3-server <none>
un dhcpcd <none>
un dhcpd <none>
ii dhcpdump 1.7-1.1
ii dhcping 1.2-3

Also i am thinking that may be a problem because my system boots up the ra0 interface in promiscous mode:
"dmesg | grep promi" :
device ra0 entered promiscuous mode
device eth1 entered promiscuous mode
Do you happen to know how do i disable promisc mode for ra0?

http://sims.yahoo.com/