Re: Tools to store account (password..) in encrypted format ?

On Thu, Jul 12, 2007 at 06:15:31PM +0100, Karl E. Jorgensen wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 12, 2007 at 12:28:33PM +0000, KLEIN St?phane wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > On my box, I use plain text to store my passwords but it isn't secure.
> > What cli and/or web software can I use to store my password (account) in
> > encrypted format ? What do you use ?
>
> revelation
>
> > If it's possible I would like collaborate system.
>
> Not sure they exist... Why share passwords anyway? Most of the time,
> what you need is for multiple people to access the same unix/linux
> account - and this would be solved by people dropping their public ssh
> keys there...

It depends on what is meant by collaborative.  Does that mean one group
of people who can access a file, in which case create a group for them
and chown the file to that group and give the group rw permissions.
However, once you get multiple users with multiple pieces of information
that some uses can access and others can't, it starts sounding like a
job for a database of some sort.  I wonder if the web-fronted to
postgresql will do https?

Doug.