Re: [debian-user] Subject Confusion

Hi Andy.

You don’t have to CC me, I’m subscribed to this list.

andy baxter, 11.07.2007 23:08:
> Mathias Brodala wrote:
>> Andrew Saunders, 10.07.2007 17:40:

>>> Filter based on the "from" address, as opposed to the message subject.
>>
>> You mean the "To" address. The "From" address is yours, for example.
>>
> I use 'To or cc' in Thunderbird. 'To' isn't enough because if someone
> has done 'reply to all' (e.g. as with this email), then the previous
> poster ends up in 'To' with the list address in 'cc'.

That the "List-Id" header is a better solution was already stated more than
once, so I won’t repeat that here.

> Incidentally, it would help me at least if the list software could set
> the 'reply-to' header to the list address.

Well, you could just use the "Reply-To-List" extension for Thunderbird. If
you’re using the Debian stock version, then you can just install that one.
Otherwise patching and compiling TB is necessary.

Regards, Mathias

--
debian/rules