Re: Building fglrx on Lenny [solved]

koffiejunkie wrote:
Magnus Pedersen wrote:
build a kernel without paravirt or wait for 2.6.22 (or downgrade to 2.6.18)
Try googleing for debian 2.6.21 and paravirt ;-)

/Magnus

Just for interest sake, I found this: http://grizach.sc18.info/nvpatch/ - adapted it slightly for the later kernel and ATi driver (instead of nVidia). kbuild now allows me to build the module, but sadly I get a segfault when trying to load the module.

Guess I'll have to wait for the next kernel.

OK, so I took this one step further. Installed kernel-source-2.6.21, changed CONFIG_PARAVIRT=y to CONFIG_PARAVIRT=n and build a new kernel that is otherwise identical to the one from the Debian repo. I also reinstalled the default linux-kbuild, and after booting into this kernel, was able to build the fglrx module without any issues.

Thanks for all who replied!