Re: Cannot connect to network anymore

Bonnel Christophe wrote:
3 ) If you use ipv4 (classic ip address type), try in windows to launch a ms-dos console and enter the "ipconfig" command. Note the ip address, netmask and gateway And try a /etc/network/interfaces config file as this followind one :
auto eth0
iface eth0 inet static
address "put here the ip address without the quotes"
netmask "put here the netmask without the quotes"
gateway "put here the gateway without the quotes"

Then do "/etc/init.d/networking restart" and try to ping another machine on your network (gateway for example). Tell us if it works or not.
It works!! I can access everything!!
I just don't understand why it thinks I have a static IP on my laptop and DHCP on desktop, while both are connected to the same line.

Thanks,
Mitja