Re: Kernel 2.4 on Etch

Gudjon I. Gudjonsson wrote:
Hi Is there any simple way of making kernel 2.4 and 2.6 coexist in Debian Etch? I know a lot of complicated ways :) but I need version 2.4 to test old kernel modules.

I can't give you the details on how, but I know Etch runs just fine on a 2.4 kernel. I have a virtual server (uml) from Bytemark, that I got with Sarge, and I have since done a dist-upgrade to Etch. Since the kernel sits outside of the OS, it was not updated. I can change it via their control panel, but since it runs fine (yes, I've rebooted it a few times since), I see no need. It just works.