Re: goodbye microsoft hangs at grub prompt

Kamaraju S Kusumanchi wrote:
<posted & mailed>

Robert Millan wrote:

[ Please CC me in your reply ]

Do you see any error before getting to grub prompt?

I think there is some error before the grub prompt appears. However, it goes
by so fast that I do not know what the error is or if it is in fact an
error in the first place.

Sounds like grub was not properly configured by the installation routine for some reason. You might can choose the options at the grub prompt to dig around and find the correct parameters to boot the machine, but I suspect it'd be easier to boot from a LiveCD (e.g. Knoppix) and take a look 'round at the system to see if you can figure out what went wrong and repair it.

--
Kent