Re: Openoffice.org spell checking

Alan Ianson wrote:
I can't seem to get spell checking working in Openoffice. It used to work in sarge's ooo 1.3 (I think). Looking through aptitude I only see a few foreign languages under hunspell so I don't think that will work for me.

How can I get English (Canada) or (USA) working with Ooo 2+?

I ran into this problem a few months ago; apparently the English (USA) (and perhaps Canadian) dictionaries are not available via the normal repositories.

But no fear; you can install them from within OO.o itself; just go to File/Wizards/Install New Dictionaries. It seems like there's a step or two along the way that is less than intuitive, but it's not difficult.

Why the dictionaries are not in the normal repositories is beyond me.

--
Kent