Re: Postscript conversion

Thanks florian, that solution is exactly what i wanted.

I dont suppose you know of a way to print a html page to .ps or .pdf as a browser would see it from command line?  The conversion program i am using  ( http://www.tufat.com/script19.htm) works great, but it takes a while and uses alot of cpu time. The html2ps commnad line option work for basic pages, but for _javascript_ heavy pages it doesn't seem to work as well (although, im still teaching myself to use it correctly).

Cheers

Will

On 7/5/07, Florian Kulzer <florian.kulzer+debian@icfo.es> wrote:
On Thu, Jul 05, 2007 at 16:38:25 +1000, Will Parkinson wrote:
> Just wondering if anybody knows how to convert a color postscript document
> to a black and white one? I need to send it though a hylafax and the
> quality is better if everything is black and white.

You can use ghostscript with the "psgray" device:

gs -q -dNOPAUSE -dBATCH -sDEVICE=psgray -sOutputFile= gray.ps color.ps

You can also try half-toned images produced by "psmono":

gs -q -dNOPAUSE -dBATCH -sDEVICE=psmono -sOutputFile= mono.ps color.ps

--
Regards,            | http://users.icfo.es/Florian.Kulzer
          Florian   |