Re: [etch] console fonts disappear over time

2007/7/3, Jakub Narojczyk <narojczyk@ifmpan.poznan.pl>:
Hi, I have a strange problem. After some time working in X I noticed
that I can't run any xterminal (xterm, eterm...) I somehow manage to run
kde konsole. When I issue $xterm i get :

X Error of failed request:  BadName (named color or font does not exist)
   Major opcode of failed request:  45 (X_OpenFont)
   Serial number of failed request:  11

[cut]

The problem is clearly with fonts but the strange thing is that after
restarting Xsession it's all god. It happends after some time of using
X. I tried #dpkg-reconfigure fontconfig but it didn't help.
How else can I regenerate font cache or somthing? Does any one have an
idea why these fonts break after a while?

thanks
Kuba

have you try to install the addon font package?