Re: Kernel 2.6.18-4 issues

Mike Robinson wrote:

> Jonathan Kaye wrote:
<snip>

> Thanks, Jonathan.  I decided to try the k7 image after learning that it
> existed.  I did a little googling and determined that it would be a
> little more appropriate. I thought that it might fix an issue I had with
> the previous kernel (2.6.12-686) where only half of my memory was
> recognized...and it did.  Maybe it wasn't the k7 image that fixed
> it...instead it could have just been the newer kernel.  I'll give the
> 2.6.18-4-686 image a try if nothing pans out here.
>
> Thanks again,
> Mike
Hi Mike,
Yes, let us know how you make out. A friend of mine tried the K7 kernel and
he had an Asus K7 motherboard. He was using an AMD chip but I don't recall
which one. He couldn't even boot up with that kernel. I got an emergency
call and went over there, ripped out the K7 and put in a 686 kernel and
things ran perfectly. I don't know if this is relevant to your situation
but I thought I might mention it. In any event, Good luck.
Jonathan