Re: trouble detecting my network card

Sorry,

allright the issue is closed or rather solved. I instellaed it via the
cd standard installation. Like I said, that worked. Allthough I do get a
error message in the upper Panle that there is no network
connection. ???????
Whatsoever that means. I guess its the cable! I don't know where I got
it from but it's not 4 Twisted-Pairs of wire. Its just two or 1 and a
half. Weired. But it works . . .
Thanks for the help so far . . .

Greetings
Philipp
Hello there,

I was trying to install Debian etch on an "older" (2003/ AMD Athlon 1700
+ System. But the installer was unable to correctly detect or rather
install the correct driver for my network card.
It's an OnBoard chip on an AsRock K7VT2 Board using a VIA KT266A
Chipset.
The installer requests a Floppy with the driver. Oh, by the way: The
driver has a download size of 3,05MB.

Other Distros like Ubuntu 7.04 do correctly detect it. But I want to use
Debian. So is there any way to fix this? Easily?

Greetings Philipp

Some more detailed information:

Installing Etch in as virtual machine using virtualbox I faced no error.
I used the standard installer (textmode). On this AMD-System I tried
expert-mode, expertgui-mode, installgui-mode with the mentioned result.
Installing as usual the Installer was able to determine and set up my
Network Card.

Sounds like a problem with the installer?

Greetings Philipp