Re: upgrading to etch

On Wed, Jul 04, 2007 at 10:54:25PM -0400, Tony Heal <theal@pace2020.com> was heard to say:
> Does anyone know what function/package does the prompting for replacing configuration files during an upgrade? Any one
> know how to automate the answers. Here is an example

  These prompts are issued by dpkg.  You can disable them by passing the
--force-conf{new,old,def} options to dpkg, see dpkg(1); to get these flags
when dpkg is called from apt, put them in dpkg.cfg or apt.conf.

  I don't think there's any way to automate the choice at the package level,
although you could maybe do something horrible using expect.

  Daniel