Re: How to connect to debian server from Windows

Dmitri Pissarenko ha scritto:

> How can I set the IP address of the Debian machine?
>
> I tried to do this:
>
> /sbin/ifconfig eth0 192.109.42.23 netmask 255.255.255.0  up

^^
and the win machine must be on the same net 192.109.42.xxx

> and then tried to ping 192.109.42.23 from the Windows machine. ping
> failed.
>
> What am I doing wrong?

if you write only "ifconfig" on the linux machine wich is the answer?

Luigi

p.s. do'nt reply to private address you will have less possibility of
having the right answer and other person will not benefit as you are
doing :-))