Re: svn checkout via a web-browser?

On 7/4/07, Karl E. Jorgensen <karl@jorgensen.org.uk> wrote:
On Wed, Jul 04, 2007 at 10:20:57AM +0200, Tshepang Lekhonkhobe wrote:
> On 7/3/07, Vincent Lefevre <vincent@vinc17.org> wrote:

> >> I failed: http://lists.debian.org/debian-user/2007/07/msg00075.html
> >> And help didn't help:
> >> http://lists.debian.org/debian-user/2007/07/msg00162.html
> >
> >You'll probably have the same problem with a web browser having a
> >svn client extension. With a proxy server that filters some method,
> >you can't access all the web, and changing the client won't solve
> >your problem. If you control the web server itself, perhaps you can
> >try something like SSH over HTTP (if CONNECT is allowed).
>
> It's interesting to note that I tried TortoiseSVN which runs on
> Windows and worked without a breeze. This leads me to think that the
> web server (which I dodn't control) does accept svn requests.
> The company network is run by Windows.

The gnome subversion repository is also available via https:
1) Did you try to use http or https with the command-line client?

I tried both.

2) Ditto - (but with tortoisesvn) ?

It asked for username and password and it worked like a charm without
further configuration.

--
my place on the web:
floss-and-misc.blogspot.com