Re: Purpose of a hypervisor (was Re: rock solid)

On Tue, Jul 03, 2007 at 06:22:46PM -0500, Ron Johnson wrote:
> On 07/03/07 13:25, Andrew Sackville-West wrote:
 >
> >Dom0: local file server (video, music, local backups)
> >
> >     DomU1: firewall
>
> I understand the need for a small, "separate" firewall.

Does this really give any more security than running the firewall as a
regular part of the main box?  Is it as secure as a separate old
computer?  These three (plus I suppose a commercial hardware firewall)
seem to be the choices.  How do they compare for security?

Doug.